Tuesday, November 29, 2011

No More Walls


I give up
Take it all
Take down all of my walls
So I am one with the ground

Exposed
Letting the filtering go
Keeping my thoughts simple
And focused on me

Letting people in
Seeing them
And who they are for me
Knowing myself more

Letting all that shit be
Be inside me
Even if I don't want it
Letting it be anyway

Confusing at times
It still all is
I want so much
And have so much to give

Letting myself know it
Believe it's possible
Letting it all be seen
Out and free

Letting go of what I used to be
Not looking back
Forward in my thinking
Seeing through the haze

Streaming and constant
Trying to keep me guessing
Uncertain and without
Lonely and ignoring

If I could truly see myself
For whom I am
I would first discover
How silly walls were

I am too powerful
Too protected
Engaged in life
Making a difference

Walls are just the formality
I hide behind
Because only then
I can look away

I don't have to see
I don't have to be
Seeing is being
Believing and freeing

Confusion is much better
For all that I hide
It gives me the means to cope
With the bad things in life

And if I dare to look deeply
I swear I will see what I already know
And what I want too
It ain't so bad then

What am I running from?
I can't cry for what I want
Then cry because it's coming
Already on it's way

At one point
I need to stop
Be happy
And accept it

Just how do I?
I am trying to figure it out
How can I?
I think I know

But have never done it before
So my belief is weak
I need to let go
And learn to let myself be

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment