Friday, July 10, 2015

Darkness Consuming

Vast consuming darkness
Takes over 
Makes a good try
To get you enslaved 

If you let it 
It will have its way
Snuffing you out 
With all the gray

It will make you think
It's you 
It's your fault 
But only darkness lies that way

Looking past it 
You find the truth 
Keeping your eye on it
Makes you stronger 

Sitting in the dark
Alone
Waiting for a glimmer 
To shine the way

Does it even matter anymore
My heart is again in pieces 
The way it's supposed to be 
I guess 

At least it's how 
People think 
Fear behind pretense 
Life behind walls

It's not like it didn't just happen
Not like I wasn't affected 
Maybe I should be grateful
People are so screwed up

Does that make me safe?
The damage has already been done 
It's a rotten world
And keeps getting confirmed 

Knowing I deserve better 
Knowing this doesn't make it easier 
It doesn't have to be that way
If unconsciousness didn't ruin the day

My heart bursts with pain
I am not happy 
I am glad to be alone
It's so much better than all the games 

I don't want them
But not this way
The truth should have a say
Still hoping it finds its way

But crazy lives a long life 
And fights for control 
I don't expect crazy to let go
Like I didn't expect I would 

But it's the way it is 
At least I am no longer tied 
Tied to the way it was
Tied to the lies unreal 

Taken off the shelf 
When wanted near
And put back in my place 
When it got too real 

Kept at arms length 
Just to fulfill 
That piece inside 
That didn't accept the lies 

The part that knew the truth 
That needed the moment to be real
But fear has a way 
Of taking over 

And I give it up now 
Letting go 
Is good and right for me
It's not like I need to stay 

Outside the walls I am free
Outside the walls is my life 
I have been let go
And the bounty is right there 

I can fly away 
Without ever looking back 
It didn't have to be so wrong 
So right 

I just couldn't pretend anymore 
For peace makings sake 
It could have been received
A better way 

But it's not how it goes 
It makes life unknown 
And I carry on
Still carry on 

Not like I am accused
Of the crime I committed
Was telling the truth
Speaking out against the dark 

And it's only those who are hiding 
That hate the light 
Only those who are criminals 
That hate the law 

It's only those who don't want truth
Who lie and lie 
And when you speak out against it 
You are tied at the stake 

But it doesn't make them right 
It doesn't make you wrong 
They still choke on their shit 
No matter if you're alive or not 

So I would rather be viewed as dead 
Than dead inside
As I can be happy 
Once the fire subsides

The smoke will eventually clear 
Life will go on
I don't regret that 
I don't regret choosing what I want 

I don't want to play along
Keeping myself small
Just to get along
It's harder than this 

Harder than life 
I just wish being banished felt better 
Being betrayed has more delight 
I am however, strong enough 




No comments:

Post a Comment