Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quick sand me

I am like the quickest sand
I slide and slither under your feet
I can't remain steady
And you fall between my grasp

It keeps me from getting what I most want
And no matter how hard I try
I don't know how else to be
I just can't believe this is me

What can this quicksand teach
I have been hurt incessantly
And still life seems to be pushing me
Towards what?
As I cannot see

Quick sand gets created under the darkest conditions
And then waits like a trap
For you to fall in

They tell you to hold still
Don't move
It does kill
But it's no use
I just slide farther down

My feet can't touch the ground
Be weary
Be afraid
And I wonder if help is coming

As sometimes in life
Not all things
Can be done alone
Eventhough I still try

Sometimes I need to let someone in
Sometimes I need to take the help
But my eyes get blurry
And all I see is me

Trapped again in a predicament
One that isn't good for me
And I get that same and awful feeling
What if I am just a burden

What if they don't want to help me?
Why should I ask if that can be?
As I am certain there must be a way out
For just me

I search and see
And sink slower still
And while all I can do is think
It is still just about me

As I am fine alone
I don't need anyone
I have it all figured out
Been working on me for a long time

I know what I can see
Just don't know what I don't see
I am only just me
And If I want to be free
I need to accept the help

And when my blurry eyes straighten out
What an alarming thing
A hand is outreached
Extended towards me

It is just in time
As my eyes are about to sink
Under the grime
As my whole world shrinks

So I put my hand out
Don't know where
I can't see anymore
And can't do this my way

And as my hand is grabbed
I start again to see
Then it is not too long
before I can breathe

A breathe of fresh air
Is sweet to me
And as my eyes become unglued
I start to see

That I was never alone
And had help the whole time
I just wanted to believe
As alone is what I am supposed to be

Doing life on your own
Is impossible
And while I try
I see now it is for not

As there is many who are willing
And want to be inside
And some who even
Need a place to give

And who do I think I am
To deny all of that
But I do know for sure
I will continue to try

As long as I am quicksand
I will find a way
To free myself by myself
And that is where I prefer to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment