Monday, August 15, 2016

Untouched and Silent


I regret still
Throwing you away
You were once mine
Weren't you?

But now you belong 
To someone else 
I am so very glad you're settled
As you always wanted

I have remedied
My desire
I no longer want to settle 
Here or anywhere 

I want to remain free
Always 
I still haven't seen 
It's worth it

So really how I am supposed to know?
It's too complicated 
Life
And mine is too consuming

On purpose 
It's a great excuse 
But still I am empty
Life doesn't fill me up

I dream of flooding
And great big whales
Stuck in pools
And snow ends the water

Does it all mean
Things about me?
Heavily burdened I am?!
Emotionally cold?!

Powerful
Overwhelming 
Emotions 
Right

Well it's not like 
I can be honest
I mean where 
Does it get me?

I try sometimes 
But eventually I have to look away
Too much is wrong
And out of place 

Ok, here it goes again 
I want to move out west
Act
Love life

I know this 
Seeing it hasn't changed it
I am still stuck 
Inside this prism

And while I should want
To be with someone 
I don't 
Not really 

I can't get over
The pain of the past
How it all doesn't last
And I always end up alone 

I am sick of it never being me 
I deserve more
I don't get it
I only get heartache and suffering 

Don't think I don't get 
How it actually went down
I have fuzzy 
Embarrassing memories 

But it doesn't change 
Reality 
As when you are unconscious 
You're still accountable

I can't blame it on anyone 
That I pushed you so far away 
It's on me
I just never actually thought you'd leave 

But I am glad 
You have what you want
And I don't ever want 
To lose myself in someone again 

Never going to lose control again 
I will remain upright
Untouched 
And silent 

And maybe find someone 
Who can deal with that 
It's a hard harsh life
But I have a purpose 


August 15, 2016
2:04 am

No comments:

Post a Comment