Monday, August 22, 2016

Violent Love


Lay down 
Next to me 
I feel your warmth 
Your body close

I see my heart 
Thumping 
I see my life 
Up and down 

As it's supposed to go
My head sings
Of the violent love we share
It's so good for me

It wakes me  
From the deepest slumber
I didn't want to leave
Fought hard against it

I needed someone 
To fight passionately for me
As I wasn't going 
To be easy

It wasn't supposed to 
It never is
We all want easy
Easy is boring

Easy is work
Commute
Sit
Type

Easy is soul diffusing 
It's easy to forget 
Who you really are
What you really want 

I don't ever forget 
I just make myself 
Look away
And stay

Like he made me learn
I was just too young 
To understand why 
Or understand it

Or change it
Or stop the monster inside
To afraid to love 
Or be touched 

It's confusing 
Hard
And one only wants life to stop
So it can be easy 

Easy that I won't have to deal 
Or feel
Or live
But it's not real

I never wanted easy
I wanted soul crushing
Heart ripping
Passionately slapped 

It's all been a big bore since 
But I tell myself it's what I need now
I believe it
Keep going 

Maybe soon 
I might let someone in
Someone I don't know
It sounds so much work 

I just don't want
To always be alone
Even though I'm not
Not really 

I lay down
You're already there 
You snuggle up next to me
I feel your heartbeat 

I count my heart beats
I know I am where I need to be
I see it's all so confusing 
As I am alive 

You lean in
Kiss my ear
I flinch 
It tickles

It's not real
You vanish 
Once I point it out
It doesn't matter

I am fine
I don't need anyone 
As when I do
It only occurs in my head

And I realize 
I have nothing to give 
Nothing to say
On any matter

I haven't really lived 
Not enough to get it
The intimacies
Between two 

Still scare me
Makes me flee inside 
Still believing the lies 
I don't get it

I have tried
But it's too hard for me
I wanted to understand 
I wanted to be apart

It's an awful feeling 
To look through a window 
And not being able to do
Anything you want to do

It's how I am
My eyes are like steel bars 
Barriers I can't deal
I don't feel 

I needed violent passion
But I also needed tenderness and pleasure
I just couldn't let it in
Or admit I wanted it

A good fight 
Is good for the soul
Facing hard truths
Are good for the body

Someone forcing you 
Against all desire 
Is often necessary 
As sleeping is too tempting 

To just sleep 
And be 
Alone
Is mostly what I want

I have to remind myself 
And fight to remember 
Who I am 
And what I am after

And I give up
So someone reminds me 
I remember 
Ah yes, I did want that 

It's too hard
I am sure I'll never arrive
As life is too full 
Of unwanted things

They suck up 
The whole damn thing
I wish it weren't that way
I wish I could change it

It feels confining and suffocating 
Will it always be?
Will the truly beautiful stuff 
Always be out of reach?



August 21, 2016 1:50 am
Finished August 22, 2016 2:08 am



37




No comments:

Post a Comment