Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gay Marriage

People say I should not be
Allowed to marry
The right one for me
Because she happens to be a girl

People tell me I am wrong
Wrong for loving her
They tell me I should stop
And love another

The trouble that they cannot see
Is deep inside of me
I am missing that very piece
That connects me to their reality

I don't want
The embrace of a man
Why can't I just be loved by you
Exactly as I am

If she makes me happy
Why do you care
What exactly do you get
From controlling my personal affair

I don't tell you
How many kids you shouldn't have
Even though I think
You have too many

Or that never using birth control
Praises your God
As in your justified eyes
We are all sinners

Your God tells me that I am wrong
Or at least that is what I hear from you
I don't need you to save my soul
Worry about your own as I think you're fooled

It may come as quite a shock
But I want nothing to do with your God
As my God created me and loves me
Exactly as I am
And that is not for you to judge

I stay out of your home
And let you live your life
I only ask in return that
You do the same for me

I want to marry a beautiful woman
On the beach at sunset
I want it to be legal
I want our kids to have our names

Legal parents to our kids
In case the worst should happen
There should be no mistaking
Who is legally able to act in any scenario

A life built for two
Should have some safety
Some guarantees
Or certainties

I don't mean
The ones you don't expect
I mean
The ones you do

Life
Death
Birth
And what is all in middle to

I want to have security
For our life together
I want to have a legal commitment
All the benefits you take for granted

Health insurance benefits
Estate ones too
Legal to the end
All the rights you might not be grateful to


If I die I want her to be free
To have rights to speak for me
Follow my wishes
Have legal course for our life


I also want the same rights
In the absence of her life
As if we build it together
The law should not put its self in the middle

It is our affair
Not that of yours
So I ask that you let me
Live my life

I want the rights
You may not ever be aware you have
The ones that you seem to
Divorce so easily through

Why does it matter to you
Anyway??
Is it really your business
As I don't see how it is

So I will ask you again
Stay out of my life
And I will do the same for you
That is the way it is supposed to be

How do you think our children feel?
Not being able to have two legal parents
As it impacts our families a great deal
This matters to us as we are humans too

You may think it is a choice
Or that we are a wrong
But your judgments are just that
And it is getting old



Your hate has not weakened us
Only made us stronger
I choose to take the high road
As we all deserve to be loved

You
Me
All of us
Deserve to be treated with love and respect

In time, I hope you see
As change is coming
I have already seen
As no one is really better than another

We are all basically the same
At least in many ways
And your fears stop you
From being true

Your innate nature is strong
Deep inside you it screams
But yet you cannot see
That love is not wrong

Love is anything and most everything too
Not just what you THINK
But I can see us through
And in time I know you will too

As when you stop shouting
And listen to your heart
You will see that
There is nothing wrong with me

At that point
Peace and harmony will be
Between all of us
As it is supposed to be

It might even make you feel good
Until then I will press on
As your ways aren't going to stop me
From being who I really am

No comments:

Post a Comment