Monday, June 15, 2009

Translator for love

They call me
As they know I can read the signs
And see behind the smoke screen
And through the lies

Into the truth
Past the eyes and mouth
And into the soul
Where stillness and peace exist

Love is an unmistakable thing
And shows up in many different ways
It can be pretty
Or it can be ugly

As if you let love be and love shine
It will be a beautiful thing
But if you try and douse it's fire
Or kick it to the curb and send it away
It will be an ugly thing that hurts everyone involved

But either way
Love is there
Within all of us
Whether we know it or not

And there is a story to tell
One that can't always be seen
But one that usually wants to be heard
And the truth will eventually ring

For someone who loves you so much
And they scream about how they don't
You can bet that they love you
And are just terrified and riddled with self hate

For what is not true
Never needs to be said
It is only what you don't want to believe
That you have to speak very loudly

And in either case
It is a simple thing
One that doesn't go away
And what you resist persists

So resist me my love
Your days are numbered
Or you can just come quietly
And I will love every inch of you

I know I have been neglectful
And I am sorry for that
You might need to spank me
And I will let you

Or you can have it your way
And continue the charade
But I have surrendered to your love
So the fight my angel is with the devil inside yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment