Friday, December 18, 2009

She can't

She can't help herself
Afraid of what's to come
Feels shitty about who she is
Is envious of me

She is afraid of me
Afraid to face herself
And since I have overcome my past
She feels like she has to

But she doesn't want to
It scares her so
She doesn't know how
To make the past heal

She doesn't like it that I can help myself
As when did that happen
We were both the same
Her and me

For thirteen years the same
And now I am free
And desire many new things
And am going after them

And that scares her to bad
She can't have that
It isn't what she knows
And her fear swallows her whole

So instead of admitting
That she could be more like me
She must leave
As she thinks it means being free

But it will never have a fucking thing to do about me
And until she understands that
It won't rest inside her
And I bet she will still blame me

And that is ok
I am prepared to lose her
I will sacrifice our friendship
Just for her to move past this place

All I did was speak the truth
Something I have seen
Chains and boxes she is in
Trying to set her free

She just sits and waits
For what is her fate
And she remains unhappy
But doesn't see herself

And life is moving on
But she doesn't see it
Love is coming close
But she can't feel it

And I am walking away
Loving myself every day
And making anything and everything happen
And one day soon I will have it all

But for her it's never gonna be my fault
This shit people put upon me
Can only effect me if I let it
So with them I drop it too

And focus upon myself
Beautiful and talented
Powerful beyond all imagination
Going many places

I don't need those who can't follow
I don't see those who let fear take control
I am not in the business of saving anymore
So do it yourself

As I am nobody's life raft
But my own
If I save you
Who will save me

As you aren't even drowning
You just think you are
And for me to save you
Is only enabling you

I take care of me
And you take care of you
Asking for help is not so bad
But you must depend upon yourself

And that is what I have learned
What I see
And what feels right to me
So don't take it personal

But I wish you luck
With all you do
And most definitely Happiness
As no matter what I love you

And when you see my art up
All around town
Don't be sad
As I know we planned on doing it together

But look inside
And you'll see
That you weren't ready for what I was
And that's the real reason why you had to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment