Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Don’t hurt me like Granpa

Please don't hurt me like granpa did
He was mean and dirty and I didn't deserve it
He was followed by so many others who carried on what he started
I did not want to be treated like that

I do not want to be treated like that anymore
But I am afraid that everyone will treat me like that
I can't believe that people will be nice
I have been told that they will
But something changes and they aren't

Please don't hurt me like that
As I am so afraid that you will
I am afraid that you will force me to endure that same pain
That same anguish and fear
Please don't come and try and destroy me

I want to come out of my prison now
But I am not sure that you will not hurt me
I am not sure that it is safe

But the more that I get to know who I am
The more that I see how strong and powerful I am
The less power you have over me to hurt me

I won't be letting you hurt me again
I will not be hurt by granpa or anyone else
Anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment