Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cellar Child

Hated
Mistaken
Used up
And things don't change

I am the one that nobody looks at
I am the one that they don't see
I don't understand why
Nobody cares about me

Right in front of their face I sit
Not asking for anything
As I am out if sight too
Kept down below beneath their fright

They feed me
And throw blankets down
But do not love me
Life rebounds

Who I am in this equation anyway
What is the role that I play
How long does this game get played
What is the point anyway

As what I see
Is not what you do
And sometimes I wonder
What gets me through

And how long does this go on
It does make me wonder
Not that I am rushing off anywhere
But I know I don't want to be here

Sitting
Waiting
Crying
Dying

Does life ever change?
Is this the best she has to offer me
What does it take to make her wake
As maybe she is just sleeping

Sleeping and idly sitting by
Life has forgotten me
Does anyone else see what is going on
I bet they all can't see

People only see themselves
And while they might care
They don't want to go to far
And what exactly do we have
If not each other

No comments:

Post a Comment