Thursday, July 16, 2009

Parent Trap

How do you overcome your parents
And become yourself
Jesus said that the sin of the parents
Will be passed down to the fourth generation.

So how much of ones life is overcoming
What used to be
What was someone else
What happened yesterday

Time is flying by
And in the short moments of life
How does one know where their parents stop
And they begin

As learning who we really are inside
I guess is the point of it
But I assume you have to do the work
And Get rid of all that you are not

And in doing so
You might discover who you really are
But how does one know the difference
Between what they really are and what used to be

I get life is a self discovery
But who are we discovering
Them or ourselves
And how do we know which

It is confusing
That is for sure
And while I don't know what to do
I know I exist inside

Me just as I am
Without all the past or future
Raw and full of love me
Wielding powerful energy me

Perfect as I am
Having all already safely stored inside
Not needing anything else but me
Whole, complete and perfect

A parent will teach most anything
And a child soaks it all up without question
And then it all needs to be unraveled to be seen
And then it needs to be learned from and dealt with

Not to say that all is the fault of the parent
But so much of our unconscience selves
Gets passed down and learned
And that is the true failure
Although no one knows it

Are we really our parents?
Our Grandparents
Our Great Granparents
Our Great great grandparents

Will our kids really be us
And our grandchildren
And our great grandchildren
And our great great grandchildren

What a scary thought
And I suppose the biggest reason
Why I have no children yet
As I don't want to pass down "this" ball of shit I carry

And I suppose until I know how to let it all go
I will not become a parent
Not that I would ever be perfect
But I know I can do better
And they deserve better

How much responsibility do we have
And overcoming our parents and grandparents
Does that free us and our children of the sin

I don't buy into sin and hell
So I use the term as a behavior learned and repeated
I do not use it in the preachy nature of right or wrong
Good vs Evil

Life is life
Energy is energy
What is right for me
Might be wrong for you

But if I value and honor myself
I will make everyone right around me
And in doing so I make myself right
And I keep the drama gods quiet

But so much I fear
Is learned behavior
So knowing who you truly are
I think is actually very hard

But I believe
If you are willing to learn
And change yourself
Then I believe it is possible

No comments:

Post a Comment