Friday, July 17, 2009

Chained

I do not have far to fall
As I lay there on the ground
Gravity has taken it's toll
And everything's turned around

It's easy you see
To stay here
I guess that's why I do it
Because sometimes it seems so hard to get through it

As being beaten up by life
Is more than I desire
And while it might not be all bad
I often have been burned by the fire

Which seems to be always traveling through my life
Filling my mind up with hardship
And while I am sure I am strong enough
It doesn't always seem to help

As what I would like is less shit
Less drama and people in my way
While they serve their purpose and teach me
I am tired and want them to move on

And it seems that what I most want
Is often the weapon
To be used against me
And bring me down

I often have trouble
Believing what I see
And sometimes feel
No one really sees me

So I just lay here
On the ground
Hoping all will get turned
Back around

But it is hard you see
To believe what I have seen
And somewhere inside me
I know the truth is waiting for me

Where love flows free
And life is full of might and peace
And if that is not now
There is a promise that it will be

And when the heaviness of the moment passes
And I can see again
I sit up and look around
And search for a friend

And sometimes I feel all alone
But know that is for the good of me
And sometimes I feel chained and stripped of all my fire
And that is how it feels many times

Getting up
Might seem easy to some
But until you've been there
You can't quite see

The eyes will fool you
No matter what you do
But there's no foolin me
Not after what I have seen

Long moments
Are hard and linger
Happy and peaceful ones
Pass quickly by

I don't have a clue
About so many things
As what my minds eye can see
Is futuristic and a possibility

I feel what I most want
Is barely within reach
And my arms never seem to be long enough
Or strong enough

And what I most wonder
Is what that means about me
As sometimes I feel
Like a throw away

Or maybe like a cellar child
Someone they don't look at but feed
Or maybe it's just me
Being a drama queen

Anyway, special or simply me
I feel life has been hard on me
And while I have learned from all these things
I am hoping one day to be free

No comments:

Post a Comment