Sunday, February 8, 2009

No remedy for missing you

Her beauty
Her Grace
Her Style
She has is it all

I get overwhelmed with love for her
Whenever thoughts of her are near
My fears disappear

She overwhelms me
A tiny whisper of her settles deep inside me


Alone here in this place
Would not be so bad
Except for the constant reminder of you
That makes me feel sad

I see something you wrote for a friend of ours
Or I get a glimpse of
Or I remember yesterday
And my body hurts all over
And wants to beg you to stay

This would not be so bad except for the gnawing at my soul
As I can't let you go

It feels like you died instead
As sometimes I don't want to get out of bed
Other times I long to see your face
But know I can't
And it feels like you are dead and gone

I want to move away
Want to far
But think you'll just follow me
And there is no relief for missing you

I wish there was a pill I could take
A or surgery I could have
As sometimes I feel so bad
I wish I could stop all this missing

Maybe I have suffered enough
Maybe I have hurt enough
Maybe pennants are mine now

Maybe if I sit here in this lonely boring place
Maybe I will never turn my back on you again
Maybe I will learn
Maybe I will not let my past hurt us

No comments:

Post a Comment