Sunday, February 8, 2009

Opposite girl

Opposite girl
Lives in an opposite world
Alone and hurting
But she will tell you she is ok

She is too afraid to say what she feels
And instead will tell you the opposite
You have to listen and translate
And then you can see her pain

It is sad too
As her honesty is unmatched
But what they did hurt her too bad
And she can't trust you now

So she gets rid of you
And anything else she wants too
She says she is happy
She says stay away

But she only means
She is sad
And wants you to hold her
But is too afraid

Scared like the devil
Acts like him sometimes too
But I know the fear is too great
For her to love you

Scarier it is
For you to love her
And time and again
She'll tell you to run

Trouble is
I have never been good at doing what I should
And I love her too much
Even though she tries to convince me I don't

But yet, I persist
Even against her alarming screams
And I know I am doing the right thing
As I promised I would never leave


When she wakes up time and again
Or screams it in her sleep
It saddens me that she is hurting so
And yells "Please don't leave me"

This here is truth
Not lies
As she means what she has said
One of the few times she didn't hide

I know my promise is true
Even though I am hurting too
And at times try and run
But never from her

As it is only my hurts and fears about me
That make me try and flee
Buy still alas I am not able
And from deep down I feel grateful

But my beautiful opposite girl
Only tells you what she doesn't mean
She wants to find anybody
Who knows what she really means

And that person,
The one you are searching for
You beautiful firefly
Is me

It is a take on your name for me
Not usually
How I like to do things
But for this I'll make an exception

As to me it fits best
And just who you are
Knowing you as I do
And you deserve something too

Maybe not the most original
As I got it from you
But to me, it most definitely
Calls out your strengths

Fiery and strong and passionate
A bit annoying at times as they can be
But in a most special good way
And beautiful and able to reach new heights


You probably hate it
Don't you
But it just came to me
Like somewhere inside a beautiful dream

Trouble is my opposite girl
Believes opposite the truth about her too
As she could fly far with only a leap
But she believed all who told her she could not

She removes her emotions with a cherished friend
One she's had, just too long
As it removes the best parts of her too
And that saddens me all the way through

It is sad too
As most people don't know her
And the light she carries
And the beauty she brings

Is more beautiful than anything
And so much would transpire
And the world would desire
Such a beautiful thing too

If only she knew
What me and others knew
I think she could see what I see
And be who she was meant to be

She is lovely
She is beautiful
I don't mean the opposite too
I only speak the truth

But not my opposite girl
My beautiful opposite girl
You can be sure everything she says
She really means the opposite

And do you believe
I used to believe it was true
I used to be offended too
But now I see right through

Every day for her is opposite day
Quite an imagination she has
As what she doesn't say
Is the exact opposite of what she does

But all is ok
As no harm really done
She doesn't mean to hurt the ones she loves
She is just so hurting

A truth I know to be
And one that I take responsibility
Because of how I love her
And who I know her to be

I concede that it is me
Who needs to be patient
And that I do with a smile
As she is worth more than all the riches one could have

And I love her all that much too
Life can be good for both of us, together
We have already weathered the worst of it all
And I see the future is better

So if you know or see my opposite girl
Don't get lost inside the words
Just look down deep and see what she means
And give her a hug and then let her be

No comments:

Post a Comment