Thursday, April 23, 2009

Coming home

Bitter Sweet
Is leaving here
Is coming home
Sweet but Bitter

I long for a life full of adventure
I want one that fulfills me
I see promise and light ahead
And am getting closer

I don't mind this heartland living
The friends which I cherish and hold dear
The words "Titi" on the young ones lips
The warm gentle compassionate smiles of my life
The fun get togethers that last all night

But still I am not satisfied
And I know how hard I have tried
But the time for lying to myself is over
And I will begin a new

As life here can't be what I want
My heart breaks in this heartland
As I am not full
My soul aches too much here

And I know I should go
And I know where
I am almost there
The arrangements are close to being made

And I feel the pull of what is to be
And the closer I get to it
The more longing I do
But yet my heart persists in loving it here too

But an Earthquake has torn my life apart
Every old way is being destroyed
And I will never put it back the same way again
I can't hold it together too much longer

As I know the beauty that awaits for me out there
The peaceful life
Full of adventure
As I will soon visit, Africa, the Ice Shelf and the Rainforest

And my mission is clear
And laid before my feet
And is pulling me hard now
And I am letting go of who I was

Walking along the path
With each step I take
The moment of leaving becomes closer
And my soul lives in the future now

As it has become so real to me
But yet the moment is here
And that is where I am
But still my soul aches for there

Bitter and sweet
Quite the treat
A bit hard for me to swallow
But ready I am becoming

And even though
I have carved out a life I love here
It won't stop me from getting out
As there is where I belong

And for me there is no doubt
As I have known it for some time
This love affair and me
Go hand in hand and shall be

As before I had worry about it all
I didn't believe I deserved it
But now I know different
And believe it too

And it will be so easy to accomplish
That it will make me wonder what took me so long
And I have to remind myself
That I just wasn't ready before

But that is ok
It happens all in good time
And this is mine
And I know it is right

So I'll be travelin on soon
But I'll check in
As you may want to know how I am
But I'll be happy and right and so full of love for my life

And if you don't
I'll be hoping you all
Eventually feel that way too
As life is too damn short not to
And miracles are possible for all of us

No comments:

Post a Comment