Saturday, April 18, 2009

Exonerated

So I sent an email to my clients last night.

Telling them that I forgive them for accusing me, and that I am not letting this get to me anymore, but the whole thing upset me. I also told them that if they pursued it, I would continue to defend myself as I am innocent.

And today I received one back from each person, saying they had misinformation and from a source and they have realized it was not me, and they were very sorry for what they put me through. The guy feels like shit.

They also made it right with cops.

I am grateful to be done with that. Grateful it was only two days. And grateful that I am no longer labeled a thief.

Being labeled a thief is not a good thing in my profession.

Everything seems to be getting back to normal, where that is concerned.

But I realized that I had passed this lesson with an "A" but also got a "D" for one part. But I am learning and that is ok. Good job, well done.

As even though he was coming at me, I didn't have to be mean. Truth was I was in shock, and was scared. It was abuse on some level and I don't tolerate abuse well.

But I passed as I forgave them and looked at the good side of them before they exonerated me and for that I am most grateful. It is easy to forgive others most times once they have forgiven you, but it is hard to forgive them in the face of facing false charges. I am proud of myself.

I also realize that I would like to learn how never to treat people bad in the face of any circumstance as that is what I most regret, calling him a "baby".

I love this man for the person he is, I hope he forgives himself.

I also understand what it is like to be falsely accused. And it sucks. Having people believe lies about you and circumstantial evidence to back them up. It is awful, especially for all of those who are convicted of such things.

But I also got a chance to realize the people who surround me as everyone I told what I was going through, knew immediately that I had not taken anything. And my sister even stated that after hearing that it was over. People in my life truly had my back and only thought the best of me. And that means so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment