Sunday, March 22, 2009

Always at the starting place

No matter how much progress I make
I always end right back at the beginning.
I was so far in the negative
That no matter what I do
I am still only at zero

Have I suffered enough yet
For whom do I suffer?
Do I suffer for me
Because I was wrong in not protecting Jenny
Or do I suffer for him, because I am bad

Starting over
Always starting over
Am I at least getting somewhere?
I hope, but am not sure
I think, but it's not clear

Time moves whether you are ready or not
Life grooves and it's best to overcome the past
But if so, what do we really have?
As who am I here in this place?
Does the beauty meet me here?

Life without a care
Is one that I'd admire
But not one that I've experienced
Don't I deserve peace too?
Although I am getting really good in my follow through

I am told there is an end
But don't see it so clear
As just when I think
I am getting somewhere
A new road always appears

It is a lonely road
Often enough
And I have been through too much
But still have so much to go through

So I press on
And keep my sight strong
As I look for the bend or the curve
That takes me out of here

Walking and running and climbing
I keep it up
But when do I get to my destination
As I would like to see some new scenery
And run carefree through the greenery

I have spent many years here in this place
And have tried to overcome my fears
But I just have more to go
Always more to go

Somebody told me a long time ago
That the road was long and hard
That I will encounter many hardships
But that I was strong

They told me that the journey
Is where you want to be
As the destination could never match the glory
And it will all be worth it in the end

And I try to keep all that in mind
But as I approach the next level up
I am forced to remember how difficult it's been
But try and remember "it's worth it in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment