Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just for me

As this whole thing is not about you and me
It is not about "us"
It is way bigger than either of us
And I think at times you have felt it too

We are here for a reason firefly
And this is not the end
But because of you I see my path
The one that has been hidden

Trouble is I have been resisting doing this
And now I throw my hands up to God's will
As because of you I give in to them
And choose what I have already chosen

You and I are so important to this life
We will bring about a new way
And we will do it together in harmony
With many of our kind

I don't care how it sounds
Or what is said
Now or then
I only know this to be true

As we both of us
Came here to do this
And I have tried to fight it too
Like you are now

But since God is the forgiving kind
We have so much time to figure it out
But the path that we are on
Is not one we can get off or out

I am not afraid anymore
As I was only seeing myself before
But now I know it is not about me
And my love for you

It is about so much more
And I am still here
As when you are ready
I will be ready

And we will do what we came here to do
And we will be glad too
As our purpose can't be forgotten
It screams inside us still

Stop to listen
If you don't believe me
And maybe you'll see what I see
But I believe you know it too

Which I think scares you like it did me
That is why you seem so crazy
But I know what I see
We are strong enough

And yes the road is long
So this is me taking my attention off of us
And I will go now and put myself to good use
If you ever want peace inside yourself

You will do it too
And I am here for you
Just let it be
As if I was like the flock I would have you already

We would be simple and plain
And just quite the same same
But since we are different, you and I
We are winged fire and butterflies

We don't get what the rest see
And I know this whole thing is difficult for thee
The anger you feel
And all the disdain

Is not really directed at me
It is at your soul, so to speak
As you are mad, might I imply
That you have to learn how to fly

But it is not my fault
That you chose this life Higher spiritual nature
Comes at a price
But it is one that you can't ignore

As you have the gift, might I implore
Your light is bright
And it can't be extinguished now
But if you live too long in the shadows

It will flicker, but won't go out
It will however hurt you inside
Until you let it out
Let it out for all the world to see

And that includes loving even me
As light is not negativity
And your soul is crying out for help now
And it is not me who will come to your aid

But you can bid the light anytime you need it
And when life has beaten you down
And I am no where to be found
As you lie on the ground

Look up, help is near
And you will make it, lovely dear
I won't bother to let you know
But if you read this you might just see

That it is not just simply as a childish "let me be"
It will gnaw at your insides
What you are needing and it will climb up your soul
And will keep you knowing

And I am in the same boat
Not a choice I would have chosen
If I would have known how hard it would be
But I guess we were told It would be worth the hardship

So if you are smart you will start now
And I don't mean me
It has nothing to do with me
But I could your partner in this

But your choice is simply
To train and learn the way
And I have some answers
If you get led astray

March 19, 2009
After Jen dropped the book off and sent me the nasty email.

No comments:

Post a Comment