Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ride it

Ride it hard
The ride of life
I am sure I will get my reward
But first I have to overcome this strife

Things always seemed like gloom and doom
But not anymore as no longer I will assume
As things are looking up
I just got so confused in the mix up

This is the beginning for something new
But not the something borrowed or something blue
It is the kind of story I always longed to tell
When I found my way out of this hell

As I have made the first steps to freedom
Which has taken all of my wisdom
To get me here
As at times it seemed so severe

At times I didn't think I would make it through
I had too many issues
At times I didn't think I would outlast
But I fought hard to free myself from the chains of my past

A strong, passionate, powerful fighter am I
To find that out I just had to let myself cry
The road is clearer to me now in this space
Which came about because of all of my love and grace

I don't regret one thing I did
It is a learning process, going through this life
I just wish I could've done it without the backslid
But am on way to take pictures of the beautiful wildlife

After so long of hating and hurting
Life is even starting to feel right
When it is used to be alarming
And before I didn't think I could fight

But now that I am through the hardest part
I see I am ready for the next phase
And believe I will again outsmart
As I intend to set my past ablaze

So to all that waits at my door to bring me down
I say bring it on!
As I am not afraid that I will have a breakdown
I am ready and able and want it all gone

As it will no longer keep me down
Ever again with my face pressed to the ground
I will rise above all of it
I am unbeatable I do admit

True power is knowing your power
I used to see myself like a wilting flower
But now I see the strength inside
And know it was me who supplied

Powerful, strong, enduring to the end
Full of light and love, for me and my girlfriend
Life is going to be the best, I do intend
As things for me are already on the mend

Exciting news will come to pass
The closer I come into my own
Things will be awesome for me and my lass
And be so new and wonderful in a way we have never known

I know it is not to good to be true
As life can be all that you want and desire
I will get it and hold it dear as it will be all that I knew
And be so satisfied by it all and others will admire

No comments:

Post a Comment