Thursday, March 19, 2009

Behind the eyes

Happening deep behind the eyes
Is a life full of light
Expectations swallow what is right
And the night ensues

Time doesn't stop for the fool hearted
And the dumbness of reality
Doesn't dry off what is true
Not even if you want it to

We don't come to a conclusion
Without following all the rules
And the rules only lead us to ruin
If we follow to closely

Life is so unfulfilling
When you sit and stare
Life can't be what you want
Even though you care

But a whisper of what is
Or what is to be
Can sometimes be the truth
No matter what you do

As I can't just stop loving you
And you can't stop too
That is why you anger so
But it is not my fault

And while you sit with your fire demon out
I close up my soul
But only for a moment
As I don't need it to be you

And I am seeing reality
In a way you cannot
But time will tell you what needs to be said
As I am not saying it anymore

You have heard only the voices of your head
And they lead you off the path
But that is your problem
Not mine

I know what lies before my feet
As once again because of you
I can see
And I still believe

Excuses full of mistrust
Life crippling emotion
Scared and dying inside
You just push

I am steady in my doubt
And I am not easily broken
Not anymore
So give me your best shot
As that one didn't close the door

When all the dust has settled
And you can finally see
I won't be running to greet you
But you might be coming to me

I am not crazy or a psycho
I just don't move to the ordinary sounds on the street
I do however see what is true
And I believe you see it too

If I am so crazy
Why am I still getting through
And if anyone is psycho
It just might as well be you

But neither of us is
And I am for sure still wanting to give
As my lead feet can't run away
And my heart never leads astray

But simply life built for two
I am living that now only not for you
I am living for me
And seeing what will be

Run, run away
Don't look back now
But you aren't going far
Did you that too?

Hurt and pain
Is without a doubt
The cornerstone of my life

I can handle it time and again
But can you handle life?
As you can have your way
Or whatever you choose

I don't need anyone
Not even you
And I won't be gone too far this time
But I am off on an adventure like this rhyme

I hurt because of you
You always say what you don't mean
But I don't have to fall this time
And how in the hell is this unlike last time

Being so closed up
Did you even notice the truth
As I am only saying what you cannot
And I won't regret that

No matter what this life will say
You act like a drama forte
And I won't fall to that level of hurt
As it will only bit you in the ass in the end
No matter if you ever see me again

Your negative emotions
And negative lies
Come down deep inside
But not me, inside you

And I feel sadly for you
And what you are going to go through
But for me I will spread my light
So bright it will blind the blind

And I will be lifted up from above
And you will feel the heat of my love
And will only choose what is right
And will get that too

I just have to learn this lesson of life
As I know why I am here
I lost my way most recently
And if I were like the rest I know I would have the best

But instead I am struggling to stand on steady ground
And I think I am done falling down
And I know I am where I need to be
But what my dear, do you truly see?

Second chances are easily given
Especially when true love is there
So don't feel that you have hurt me
Or that you have done wrong
As I falter none, but carry on

No comments:

Post a Comment