Saturday, March 21, 2009

The End

Everything comes to an end
This is an end that was worth the wait
I am finally feeling free deep inside
And on the outside it seems that it is not too late

When trouble falls upon your door
You long for something more
And you fight it for so long
You forget what you fight for

But given time and peace
You find what you are made of
And when you start down a new path
You don't look back

Time is coming and going
I am riding the waves
I feel like a seagull
High in the air and squawking loud

To and fro
I let my wings soar
As I deserve so much from this life
I know I am full of richness

What is coming at me
Coming to me
I will let it all be
As I want it so much

The newness of a fresh start
Flying, soaring with an open heart
Open to whom I will find near
As the sweetness is what I long to hear

I used to be afraid of what I could find
Thinking and dreaming
But never leaving that life behind

But never the screaming
That got too much for me
I know now it is right
And I have already taken flight

What a beautiful world I am finding
Deep in the heart of all my binding
But still I see that what waits for me
Is everything I ever wanted but never saw before

Letting it all go
Was right for me
And now I get it passionately

I am excited for the world out there
As it echoes with possibilities
And I do care

What a difference time makes
When you work at what you want
As I have been working hard to let go of that old life
And now I am ready for what is mine

Sadness and pain don't linger now
I have strengthened myself from them somehow
I don't get crushed or bruised easily anymore
And I know I am the one with all the keys to the doors

Being ready when the opportunity knocks
Is what I have been told time and again
And I never thought I would get there with a path full of large rocks
But somehow I knew I would win

It is my life, just for me
And I intend to use it for my pleasure
As I used to be afraid of feeling that good
But not now and not ever

Laughing, loving, cherishing the sweet moments
Filled with a life that I love
As now I have all the guidance
That I need from above

It is so easy as it will come to me
I will just have to sit and wait for it
And never the time will take
As now I know what I see

I have even taken steps to become more me
Becoming the person I want to see
As I am losing the weight that used to use to keep people away
And this time I ain't going back to that same old portray

It has been a long time coming for me
And I embrace every bit
But I don't look back at what I used to be
Or how it used to all fit

Moving on and forward
To a new destination
Keeping it all within my new found nation

Like a brightly colored songbird
That you didn't know was singing
But when you saw her for the first time
You knew that it was her for you to find

I am grateful that I have come this far
And not regretful of any before
But time carries me on and I see
Once again, I see myself as I am to be just me

No comments:

Post a Comment