Saturday, March 21, 2009

Let it burn

Let the past burn from my sight
As a phoenix in flight
Upon this night
So I may get what's right

As there is nothing left to bind me here
And I pray my love will find me there
As my heart wants to sing again
As all I am left with is this pain

Let me turn to what I see
Something that is good for me
I ask that the bad news leave
As I tried so hard, but still was forced to flee

Life is short
This bumpy ride of sorts
While I am down low
I hope that it will make me grow

As I keep learning and living
But still must continue giving
As keeping myself tucked away, would seem best
But I know not for the rest

Keep me on the path I see
Follow closely behind me
Protect me from those who trouble near
As I am alone, inside here

Help me move out of this place
Never to return
As I can't sit any longer in this waste
And feel forlorn but keep me stern

True love is waiting there
Wherever I may go
As I must keep my flair
So I don't tango with the sorrow

True love can't be ignored
If it is right I ask that it be restored
I deserve much more now
But must keep my know-how

It's not supposed to be easy
They all tell us so, and I agree
But did they know it would be this hard
Because now I feel so scarred

I don't know what is right
But do see my plight
I don't know what I am to be
But feel blurry like a banshee

Light my path, full of beautiful white beams
Keep me strong and full of my dreams
Keep love on my lips and deep inside my heart
And with this sorrow may I be inspired to do the most amazing art

I'll take the ride with a grain of salt
I don't place blame or fault
I ask that you bind my faith
So I don't end up looking at my wraith

When I meet the one I seek
I will know her by the sounds she brings and her color hair streaks
We will be perfect with our share of sin
But I will never loose my grin

Light full of bright love
Come down on me like a dove
Settle in my center deep
So much that joyously my soul leaps

Keep me and my love strong
Together and right where we belong
Block out all the pain of the world outside
For me and my bride on our pleasure joyride

No comments:

Post a Comment