Friday, March 13, 2009

Trusted

Trusted, trusting, trustworthy, trust

What does it mean to me?

It can be the most Scary thing
If you have the courage you might Risk it
I find it Aggravating when I trust people and they hurt me anyhow
And It helps if you are vulnerable

I trust some people
Even some of those who hurt me
But the more you break my trust
The less chances you get

It can be earned back however
But I feel most people don't bother
Which is shame too
As it would be a simple thing to do

All they would need is a little care
And a little love to share
But I find I do most of the trusting
But still think people are not easily trusted

I don't trust myself too too much
I try and make up for things done wrong
But it seems endless somehow
And I don't quite understand why

If life were easy
And loved flowed free
I think I might just trust
About anybody

But life is hard
And I have been through a lot
And time has left it's scars
And they don't always show
But I am still not healed

I do have some kind of desire
To reach out and reclaim my fire
But I know I have been burned before
And I guess I would like to know for sure

People change with wind
They roll with the tide
Especially the ones who are spiritually thin
As they don't walk the same stride

I won't be as open
As I might have been
But I still hoping
To find trust a friend

If you fuck up too many times
Then I might trust that you will hurt me
And then it would be your fault
As it is your choice to do so

If you say you are going to do something
And don't do it
And repeat that behavior time and again
Then I will trust you to be lazy

If you tell me you love me
And don't act like
Yell at me and scream a lot for instance
I will assume I can't trust what you say to me

If you promise to never leave me
Then do time and again
I will start to lose trust in you
And will start to trust that you will leave for good

To me trust is simple
You say you will do something
And you do it
And same goes for me

I also get that many times
This can't always be
So in that case
It is best to communicate

But most often it seems
That people just run
Or shut up and shut down
And where does that leave me?

As it seems like there is not much trust in the world
I don't just think its me
But people are guarded and they assume things
Things that you can't control

And sometimes you have to play catch up
For what you didn't know
And it seems hard to get back to trust
Once you have lost it

But I think it could be easier
If both parties let go of the past
And let the love and feelings unfold
And you could see the truth hidden below

Feb 28 started this

No comments:

Post a Comment